- Who are the customers of Taxi Butler?
Our customers are taxi companies, taxi groups (taxi drivers that have one collective dispatch system) and taxi Apps.
- In case there is a Internet issue will the device still send a text to Taxi Driver about the pick up?
We are using GPRS which is the latest signal to weaken (except GSM signal of course), so we almost never have this issue. If there is no internet then the device will obviously not work. It will not send a text message.
- Can I become a reseller or something similar?
Please do contact us via our contact page and we will provide all the details required on becoming a reseller.
- Who can order the Taxi Butler?
The Taxi Butler is especially made for taxi companies and dispatching software companies to offer an extra service to their customers.”
- Is there a manual for the Taxi butler?
Yes there is please download it here.
- Apps offer a similar service with an end to end solution for hailing and payment.
Correct, this solution is targeted to a different market, not to passengers but to venues who are offering a service to their guests (businesses, hotels, restaurants, apartment buildings etc.)
- Are there any limits on the number of live booking on each device?
The limitation will be configurable from the portal so you can choose how many live booking are allowed at a certain moment.
- Is there a minimum term or contract?
The minimum is a pilot project that takes 2 weeks and free of charge, then you can rent them per month. Contact your software provider for your pricing.
- There is no guaranteed pick up or payment?
Correct, but that is similar for the phone service. From our experience it is not a problem since the receptionist is ordering for the guests. They feel responsible to get the right guests in the taxi.
- How many booking can be displayed on the device at any point of time?
At this point the device can display 7 booking at a time but can do more. You will see a little taxi icon and number in the bottom left corner which will show the total taxis ordered.
- If we get a certain amount of Taxi Butler devices does the cost get reviewed?
Yes that is possible, if you take more than 500 we can discuss pricing.
- Is there an overview with e.g. softcopy of letters, brochures, images of the products etc.?
Please find more information on here.
- Who pays for the Taxi Butler?
Since the Taxi Butler brings in more rides for the taxi company, we recommend to our clients (taxi companies and Taxi Apps), to give the Taxi Butlers away free of charge to hotels, bars, restaurants and businesses.”
- What is the minimum trial period to test the Taxi Butler device?
The trial period will be minimum 2 weeks to maximum 1 month.
- Could you name several taxi companies that are currently using the Taxi Butler service?
At the bottom of the our website you can see several logos of taxi companies that use our service. You can always request contact details of the responsible people by sending us an email if you are looking for testimonials.
- How does it connect to my taxi company?
The Taxi Butler system will make a direct connection with your dispatching software. In this way, all bookings will be handled automatically.
- Is Taxi Butler GPRS based?
- There needs to be a certain amount of customer education to be done in order to prompt usage.
Our experience is different, since the device is so simple, self-explanatory and operated by the receptionist, bartender etc. it normally is explained in 1 minute and within 2 weeks the venue reach their maximum of orders per day (since the entire team gets the new concept in their venue).
- We already have a website ordering tool, so why is the Taxi Butler better?
Giving your customers a physical device will increase their loyalty to your taxi company and give the customer excellent ordering comfort.
- Any issues you've have in the last 12 months for us to consider?
Sometimes (like 3 times a year) the mobile operator (it contains a simcard) is down and then there are some missed rides, but this is always very limited.
- There is no passenger information, just a booking number.
That is correct, you can’t add passenger information and we see this actually as a benefit; guests of a restaurant don’t have to give their mobile phone number to the reception.
- Do you provide roaming SIM cards? Which network provider?
Yes, the devices include a Vodafone SIM that will work in EU and a selection of other counties outside of EU including Australia and New Zealand.
- Will the device work with any Data Management system?
Yes! it is possible to integrate with any data management software. The data response can be changed as per your need. We mainly use (REST & SOAP). Do let us know which software provider you use currently.
- Hotels (especially large) already have Concierge deals so this is a hard area to attack.
Actually the Taxi Butler is not threatening the position of the Concierge since it only helps the Concierge ordering. It is however for a new taxi company entering a new market a way to take over from their competitors. In Amsterdam and Rotterdam there were locations that switched from Taxi Company because they could provide the Taxi Butler. The deals can still be in place and actually better monitored by both parties.
- What are your technical support team working hours?
The device will be usually maintained by your company. However, in case of any technical queries you can always get in touch with our technical team between 9 am to 6 pm CET via +31208943897 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How much does it cost?
Please contact your software provider for your pricing.
- Would work well in Hospitals and similar buildings.
Agree, we see the best results (# of rides and happy people at the locations) in hospitals, nightclubs, hotels and restaurants.
- What is warranty on the hardware?
As long as a taxi company rents the service with us you have a warranty on the devices.
- Will Taxi Butler provide the car models on the screen for the customers to choose from?
Taxi Butler will not have the car models to choose from, however, the taxi company can place 2 devices in the same location one for regular taxi orders and another device for taxis with more than five seats.
- Might work better in smaller cities and towns where there is less competition?
From our experience it works the best in cities since there a many orders with a low waiting time. Major benefit for the location and Taxi Company (reduction on call center cost in peak times).
- What do you suggest in terms of roll out of the units?
Please find more information about placing Taxi Butlers on this page, where you will find tips and tricks.
- Is the exact monthly cost exclusive of VAT?
Yes, but please contact your software provider for your pricing.
- Would work well in lower volume quality locations.
From our experience it works in all locations, from nightclubs (sometimes more than 50 rides a night) to small restaurants (4 rides a week) to hospitals 10 rides every day. We do recommend our clients to only put the device in locations that generate more than 4 rides a week to have a proper ROI.
- What is the cost of replacement in case if customer lose the unit?
Our experience is that they are rarely stolen or vandalized because there is no other use for them than to order taxis. And the devices can also be fixed to counter or wall for extra safety.
- If it is vandalized or stolen or misused the replacement value is 250 euros per device.
- All other reasons you get one replacement free of charge.
- What is the business model for Taxi Butler?
Do find the complete information on the business model for Taxi Butler please click here.
- Would work well as a replacement of a free phone service.
Yes and this dedicated device also gives more feedback.
- Will the device give customers from and to location to the Taxi Driver? (Because certain taxi drivers choose their drop locations).
It will only show the ‘from’ location to the Taxi Driver and not the to location. Based on the “From” location the Taxi driver can decide if he would like to pick the customer up. The device is typically used for as soon as (ASAP) possible pickups.
- What happens when the taxi arrival ETA is about 3 hours?
As soon as the taxi is ordered the estimated taxi arrival time is shown in the screen of the device. The receptionist can always cancel a requested ride if the customer doesn’t want to wait so long.
- What about the SIM cards, do they look after themselves with nothing needed from our end?
Taxi Butler contains Vodafone sim-cards that work in 50+ countries and we have a global deal with them. When you want to roll out in a country that is outside this 50+ then we need to change some settings manually in the device and it will work in 100+ countries. It doesn’t need any support from your end and will work automatically.
- How does the postal address of each unit gets allocated to the hardware? How / who can change it if it gets moved?
As a taxi company you will get access to the Taxi Butler Management portal portal.taxibutler.com (You can fill the address of the Taxi Butler location using the portal).
- Can I add other languages than English to the Taxi Butler?
Yes, every language on the planet can be chosen, even with other character set than Latin, e.g. Arabic alphabet.
- Where can I find the C / NO number on my taxi Butler?
Please find an explanation here.
- We are a dispatching software company. How can we benefit from this product?
You can offer this product to all taxi companies as a reseller.
- What happens when the taxi has arrived the venue and the customer does not show up?
The taxis are usually ordered by the receptionists, waiter or any other operator of the venue so, in case of customer’s unavailability the operators will cancel the order immediately.
- Can you give me taxi companies’ names that use Taxi Butler?
Down the page of our site you will see several www.taxibutler.com logos taxi d’entreprises who use our service. If you wish you can send us an email and we will contact you with more details.
- Is there a maximum amount of Taxi Butlers to be in circa at any given time?
We have thousands in stock, so we can deliver fast (within a day).
- Is the Taxi Butler certified?
Yes, the Taxi Butler is fully CE-certified and built following the highest quality standards.
- Who maintains the device? If it breaks down what's the turnaround time to get the device back up and running?
The device will be maintained by you and if it breaks down you will have spare devices at your office and you can replace them immediately. You will have an online portal where you can manage all your devices and can easily add a new device to a location (where the old one broke down).
- Would it be good if client/customer could push the button in some venues such as exhibition halls?
Until now our customers always placed the Taxi Butler behind the counter with e.g. the receptionist. This keeps the scrub-rate low, needs little education and helps people to keep calm and wait relaxed for the taxi.
- Since the Taxi companies have to place the devices in different venues, there might be an issue of resource bandwidth.
Completely understand the concerns, there are two ways to address this issue:
- Hire – for instance temporary workers on a part time basis, train them and assign them to the simple task of visiting venues to place the Taxi Butler in the locations you have chosen.
- Its recommendable that your team visits your customer/partner locations to place the devices this will keep you closer to those customers and earn their complete loyalty towards your company.